Friday, November 5, 2010

November 5

While Guy Fawkes attempt to blow up Parliament isn't exactly something to applaud, the famous rhyme and Gunpowder Plot sermons are depicted in one of my all time favorite movies, V for Vendetta. After years of loving this movie, I finally researched it's origin and read a bit about the history of November 5. Fawkes was sentenced to death for his act of treason and every year crowds gather to reenact his death by burning scarecrows that look like him. So there is the history that eventually was made into one of the greatest movies I have seen. If you have never watched this great film, I suggest you do right away. So let the November 5th festivities begin and as always......


Remember remember the fifth of November
Gunpowder, treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder, treason
Should ever be forgot...






No comments:

Post a Comment